2023 Bike It Now! Naseby 12Hr Latest News
Race date for 2023 is October 7. Entries open 9pm on July 1.
Enter here: 2023 Bike It Now! Naseby 12Hr Entry Form
Welcome to the 20th Year of the Naseby 6 and 12 hour challenge, set down for 7th October 2023
Please note; Race day is just 3 weeks away and entries close in 2 weeks on 1st October – if you have team members or friends and family that want to enter, please can you help us by getting them to do so as soon as possible. We currently have a large number of teams with just 1 entrant. All team members must enter not just the captain.
This year we continue with the 6-hour solo option (including an ebike class) so if 12 hours is too much then this will be a good option for you.
The 12-hour has an ebike team option as well (must not be derestricted) – the course will have some modified single-track to separate the rest of the field on some of the climbs in the forest.
We are fortunate to have a long-standing group of sponsors and food suppliers supporting us, including the Naseby Camp and Ernslaw One, who provide the camp village and forest to race/ride in. We thank them all for their support again in 2023.
Please support our Sponsors:
Bike It Now! Central Otago, Specialized, Design Windows Dunedin and Central Otago, Giro, SRAM, Emersons, Thule, Rabbit Ranch, Nidd Realty, Fox, Camelbak, Maxxis, Julbo, Muc-off, TASKA, One Square Meal, Mosgiel Mini Digger Hire, Oil Changers, BBB Cycling, Naseby Holiday Park, Expresso2Go, Mr Whippy, Ernslaw1 and Bluebird.
Food will be available from the Middlemarch Swimming Club who will provide a cooked breakfast from 7 am Saturday morning with hot food all day.
Coffee from Coffee2go from 2 pm Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday morning.
Mr Whippy Central will be on site race day with ice cream and drinks.
- The camp ground will open from 1pm on Friday.
- Registration will open from 2pm on Friday, until 9pm (in the marquee on site).
- Saturday (race day), will see a 7am wake up. Breakfast will be available in the marquee.
- Registration will be open from 7.30 to 8.30am for the 12 hour and 1-2pm for the 6 hour.
- the camp ground gates will close at 8.45am, with no vehicular access from then.
- 12 hour race briefing will be at 8.45am, with a Le Mans start at 9am (from the start/finish banner).
- 6 hour race briefing will be at 2.45pm, with the start at 3pm (from the swimming dam).
- the prize giving will be from approximately 9.20pm (or as soon as results are available), with the Specialized hard tail to be given away at the prize giving (you must be there). Spot prizes from other sponsors will be given away throughout the day.
Last but not least in this update don’t forget to dress up in your favourite Hawaiian shirt, ( cash prizes for best dressed individual and team.
Entries still open on www.mountainbikingotago.co.nz,
Race Director Craig Bates on 0274894361