The Naseby 12Hr Challenge is organised and run by volunteers from Mountain Biking Otago. The profits from the event go into developing mountain bike tracks in the Otago area, and also support various Naseby community organisations. Recent Dunedin trail projects include:
– Signal Hill access road and car-park, toilet and bike wash development. Creating a facility for bikers and the wider community.
– Wakari Creek trails. 8km of all-weather trails off Wakari Rd above Ross Creek (beginner grade).
– Big Easy Signal Hill Climbing track – a 6km track from Logan Park High School to the top of Signal Hill (beginner grade).
– The Ginger Ninja, Magnatron and Downhill tracks at Signal Hill (advanced grade).
– Nicols Creek Switchback Trail. Recent heli-gravelling of the extension.